Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Thought Disorder, Delusions, Hallucinations, Paranoia
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Thought Disorder, Delusions, Hallucinations, Paranoia

Are hallucinations, delusions, thought disorders, and paranoia all psychotic?  If not, would you please explain when they are not?  Especially, please tell me what a thought disorder is.

I know my doctor has told me I have delusions along with saying I have psychotic features. But now he says I have a thought disorder and I would like to know if that is psychotic, too.  Along with this, if it is psychotic, could you tell me when a thought becomes psychotic?  Like...is it the intensity or the fear accompanying it?

Thank you for your time.