Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Trying to Wean Off Cymbalta
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Trying to Wean Off Cymbalta

I have been taking Cymbalta (60 mg) for about 6 months now, but I have been on some form of depression medication since June of 2005.  I would like to wean myself off of the Cymbalta, but the physical withdrawal symptoms are absolutely awful!  I tried not taking my medication for a few days recently and I was very sick to my stomach, had headaches, and felt light-headed.  Mentally I feel fine without the medication, this is due to a strong support system from my family, and therapy.  I just can't get over the physical side affects of withdrawal.  I want to be done with this medication, but don't know what to do.  My husband and I would like to start a family and we are afraid that the Cymbalta could hurt the child if I continue to take it.  Any advice?