Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
WHATS WRONG WITH MY BRAIN?

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

WHATS WRONG WITH MY BRAIN?

I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS A MENTAL ISSUE OR NOT.  I AM A 38YR OLD
MALE AND HAVE LIVE WITH MY PARENTS ALL MY LIFE.  I MARRIED IN
1998 I  GOT OUT OF JAIL IN 1996. I WAS IN JAIL  FOR 3YRS FOR
SNORKING HEROIN.   I AM WORKING 35HRS A WEEK.  MY WIFE WORKS
60HOURS A WEEK.   I DO  NOT PAY ANY BILLS AT HOME NO
RENT OR UTILITES I DON'T MAKE ENOUGH MONEY.  EVERYTIME MY WIFE
TELL ME TO LOOK FOR PARTTIME WORK I SAY O.K. BUT I DON'T DO
NOTHING MY WIFE PAYS ALL THE BILLS.  EVERY TIME WE TALK ABOUT
MONEY I GET ANGRY AND HOLLER AND SCREAM AT HER.  I TELL HER
IT HER FAULT IF SHE CAN'T PAYS THE BILLS MOVE IN A CHEAPER PLACE.
I DON'T KNOW WHY I WON'T HELP.  I SAY I WILL BUT THEN I DO NOTHING. I TAKE A BATH ONE OR TWICE A MONTH I USUALLY JUST WASH
UP IN THE BATHROOM SINK.  I DON'T BRUSH MY TEETH I DON'T LIKE
TO THEY HURT.  SO THE DENTIST GAVE ME AN UPPER DENTURE AND TOLD
ME TO BRUSH MY BOTTOM TEETH I STILL DON'T BRUSH THEM. MY WIFE MADE A APPOINTMENT WITH THE DENTIST  TO CLEAN MY TEETH I JUST
CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT.
WHATS WRONG WITH ME IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY BRAIN?  
DO I NEED TO GET A MRI TO SEE IF MY BRAIN IS FUNCTIONING
CORRECTLY LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING.
Your symptoms of anger outbursts, irritability, lack of motivation, and indifference about taking your bath or brushing your teeth could be due to depression, drug abuse, or a personality disorder. I suggest you seek evaluation by a mental health professional.
Depression can cause the symptoms you describe.  So can a thyroid problem and a lot of other things.  Go see a doctor and describe your symptoms.  He will run tests to see what the problem is and maybe refer you to a psychiatrist.  If you truly want to find out the problem and change your life for the better follow through with this.  For your sake and for the sake of your marriage and your future.

And don't do drugs.  They sap any sense of accomplishment, goal setting, and common sense that you have.  You may feel betterfor a short time but try thinking what your life will be like a year or two from now.  Try getting some exercise every day, even if you just start out with walking around the block.  Make it your goal. Every day walk a little bit farther.  Exercise plays a big part in feeling better.

Another thing you can do to help yourself is eat correctly.  Eat lots of fruit and vegetables and cut down on the sugar and fats and junk food.  Take a good vitamin supplement plus take 50 mg B-Complex and 250 mg Vitamin C every day.  The B vitamins are good for stress and the C is an antioxidant and will help your brain to function better.

Make sure you go to the doctor ASAP.
Who wrote this? Hugh or his wife?