Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Wellbutrin SR

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Wellbutrin SR

HI.  I have a few questions.  I have been taking Wellbutrin SR for three and a half months now.  Before Wellbutrin SR I took Paxil.  I weaned myself from 40mg of Paxil to 5mg, but I can not seem to stop the Paxil.  I started off taking one 150mg of Wellbutrin SR and 5mg of Paxil in the morning, and for the last 2 months I have been taking one 150mg of Wellbutrin and 5mg of Paxil in the morning and another 150mg of Wellbutrin in the early evening (no paxil).  When I start on the new dossage everything is excellent, but it slowly starts to wear off and everyday becomes sort of "blah" and constant thinking.  Would this suggest that this medication may not be for me, OR does my dossage need to be increased?  My Psychiarist is away for a month or so, so she left it up to my family doctor to distribute and alter.  My family doctor has told me that she really knows nothing about Wellbutrin but said that if I feel that it isn't working to its fullest, then I can increase the dossage.  I really don't want to do this because I am not sure it's a good idea or if I am at the maximum dossage for Wellbutrin SR being 300mg a day?  I know with Paxil it was 60mg a day was the most someone should take on this med, but I am unsure about Wellbutrin SR.  My Psychiarist, like I said is gone away anywhere from 1 month - 1 1/2 months and I am really confused.  Does anyone else take this medication and have a higher dossage the two 150mg a day?  Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,  Jeanette
You can go to 4o0 mg a day as long as there is no anorexia or bulimia involved, because then there is a danger of seizure. be sure to check with your doctor about any other drug interactions.