Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Wellbutrin

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Wellbutrin
I was given wellbutrin to try to get rid of the sexual side effects of effexor (by the way, other than that, effexor works very well-75mg XR).  The thing is, I take one wellbutrin (75mg) each evening and I notice now around noon the next day that I feel "odd".  In other words, am I dosing myself "up and down" by just having one (not extended release) 75mg wellbutrin each day?  Should I ask the doctor if I should be taking it twice a day, or if I should get the extended release type?  Also, even the once a day wellbutrin has improved the sexual problems, it's just the "dizzy-light headed-somewhat weird" feeling the next day.  I've on the wellbutrin now for 5 weeks.  Thanks so much.
Dear PL,

I am pleased the Wellbutrin is helpful in improving your sexual problems.
Wellbutrin may be used to treat the sexual side effects of some antidepressants, psychiatrist may differ on its dosage and frequency. Patient profile and needs must be considered.
It is important to keep your psychiatrist aware of your concerns, particulary the "odd" feeling your are having.

Respectfully,

HFHS M.D.-SW