Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
What exactaly is Sickle Cell Anemia

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

What exactaly is Sickle Cell Anemia
I am doing a school report on Sickle Cell Anemia and I would like to find out more about what that is.  I have done some reserch on it but they describe it where I can't understand it, or to where I can get up in front of class and talk about it.  Will you please describe it to me where I can understand it.
You should ask this question to the doctors in the other forums. But basically, sickle cell anemia is an inherited disease. It affects the blood cells in a way that they do not carry as much oxygen as normal blood cells,and it also causes the cells, which are misshapen( that;s the name..they look like a sickle) to die earlier, and when that happens, it is painful and causes other difficulties.