Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
What if anti-depressants make you aggressive?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What if anti-depressants make you aggressive?

Dear Doctor, I have had elavil and trofanil? for periodic depression for which I understand was for a response,depressive problem when episodes came forth which were overwhelming or something like that!  Anyway, can you tell me about some of these anti-depressants causing fetal and aggressive reactions to sort of minor episodes? Is there an anti-depressant which does not cause such symptoms in order to get through over-whelming episodes in ones life? Most of the time I am just fine except when it relates to my family and the non-stop difficulties occurring. Family History is complicated and very long! Also, when on elavil, I was sleeping at the wheel of my car....!! When on trofanil, I reacted to minor issues with aggressive behavior and felt so bad, I folded into a fetal postion in the next room after the problem. Perhaps, all I need is a caring, empathetic ear in order to hear back what I already know! and deal with it! Has there been reports on such presentations with these anti-depressants?  I think I just need a less complicated life! I appreciate your reponses! Just want to add that I have an art business, mother of 2 adult children, married for 33 years and usally, am the one whom holds the family together! I can deal without medication, but I would like to feel "myself" again and not have all the "problems" on my shoulders! Do you have any empathetic, responses as well as medical/holisic????? Thank you!