Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
What is the best med?

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

What is the best med?

I would like to have your opinion on a medication that you might feel helpful to my situation.
I am a 29 year old married mother of two who is struggling to come to terms with a combination of physical and mental problems. I have been diagnosed with innappropriate sinus tachycardia, dysautonomia, depression and panic attacks. On top of this I recently quit smoking. To say the least, I am a wreck.

The only medication I currently take is Atenolol for the IST.

Can you suggest a psychiatric medication that might help my depression/anxiety and smoking withdrawal that won't make me even more tired, interfer with atenolol or speed me up too much?

Thank you
Heather
I would ask your doctor about wellbutrin.
Sorry, I forgot to add that I also take Xanax .5mg as needed for panic.
anyone no if its okay to take ativan from oct 2003...bad night and cant sleep..but want to make sire meds okay and not expired
from experience io would definately say welbutrin,it has a low possibility of side effects and is very effective in treating depression,but it won't help with the panic attacks, its also prescribed to those trying to quit smoking so maybe it'll help you completely kick the habit and have a better outlook on life! good luck to you!