Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
What other options are there?

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

What other options are there?

Im 20 years of age and have been suffering sever bipolar 1 for 6/7 years. i find simple tasks such as getting out of bed, doing the shopping and cleaning near imposable. When im not in bed crying all day im up for a good 4/5 days in a row drawing, painting n drinking even tho i know drinkings bad for me i hallucinate n hear voices n truly believe that its the only way to feel good.. when i "hit the wall" i spiral into a downwards depressive state where i feel everyones totally against me n i sleep 14 - 18 hours a day. i have on average 4 highs a year and mostly down in the other times.

I'm currently on a changing schedule of medications varying from mood stabilisers, anti depressants to anti psychotics. i attend regular counseling and see my GP every 2 weeks. i exercise regularly and try to maintain a healthy diet but nothing at all seems to help. i need to know if there is anything else i can try because my life seems a little pointless knowing that this is going to be a never ending cycle from depressive lows to spiraling psychotic highs. Is there any way i can get more help. i want my life back. any suggestions welcome!

emmy
the best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure that you go to a very well-qualified psychiatrist who will not only manage your medications but also give you  expert talk therapy.  You mention that you go to  counseling  but that may not be enough.  You need a well trained expert and that can make all the difference in the world to how your life turns out. Take this advice seriously and make every effort to get to the best doctor you can find.