Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Will it come back

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Will it come back
I was on paxil for 8-9 yrs. Probably about 2 years ago, I started having memory loss. Well today I am lucky if I can remember to pay a bill or where I placed an important paper.  What is some suggestions to help bring the memory back, or will it come back. I have been off the meds. since 3 weeks ago and feel great excepts for the memory loss.  I find I get angry at myself because I can't remember things. Today I can't even remember what I di this morning. This makes me really sad and want to cry.  If anyone has any advice they would like to share with me, it would be muchly appreciated.  Later thank you
It is unlikely that the memory loss is from Paxil, but if it is, it should be getting better gradually over the next 3-5 weeks.  If that doesn't occur, then you should see your doctor about other causes of short term memory loss.  This could also be  psychological reaction, a  kind of preoccupation.  If so, that too should get better on its own.
Thank you, I will take your advice. Your answer helps me a lot.