Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Withdrawal symptoms from Celexa
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Withdrawal symptoms from Celexa

How long does it take to withdraw from Celexa? I have been on only 10mg. for about 8 months now, currently am weening off first started taking 10mg every other day, now every other two days, noticed a little bit of dizziness, is this normal, and what other symptoms should I expect and how long before it is complety out of system. Thank you
Related Discussions
Abrupt discontinuation of most of the Serotonin Specific Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) medications (including Celexa, Paxil, Zoloft, and Luvox may cause a "Discontinuation Syndrome". This relatively rare syndrome is characterized by symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, irritability, vivid dreams, and insomnia. The risks of these occuring are decreased by tapering the medication over a few weeks. Symptoms are usually self-limiting, and resolve within two to three weeks. After discontinuing Celexa, it will be out of your system within a week.
4 Comments
Blank
Can Zoloft cause mania? I was taking zoloft and my behavior changed to being more social more talkitive..A total change in personality.
Blank
I had been on Celexa for a year, ultimately 60mg.  I just weaned over a period of 2 weeks, decreasing from 60mg, down to 40mg, then 20mg.  Several days after being completely off Celexa I woke up feeling dizzy.  By later that day I was vomiting from the dizziness.  I have also been experiencing carbohydrate and animal protein cravings.  I am a vegeterian.  It's been over a week, and although the vomiting last occurred several days ago, the dizziness  and food cravings have relentlessly persisted.
I have been forced to use dramamine and benedryl as suggested by my PCP.  I understand that the Celexa is now completely out of my system, as it's been over a week, but when can I expect the withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms to end?  I am feelinig a bit concerned and nervous that it may never go away.
Blank
Look up "Gwen Olsen" on youtube or google video.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979