Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Xanax / Fioricet Use
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Xanax / Fioricet Use

I have a question dealing with the occasional use of these two medicines.  I've suffered over the last year and a half with coronary artery spasms / complicated migraine w/stroke like manefestations.  Needless to say, it's been a difficult road.  My Drs. have prescribed both medicines (xanax 0.25 1 every 8 hrs as needed and fioricet every 6 hrs as needed).  I only take them when I really need them - pain or anxiety really bad. Not every day and maybe only 1 xanax and/or up to 3 of the fioricet.  I'm such a ninny about taking pills.  My rx for xanax is over a month old and I still have 45 of the 50 left and 27 of the 50 fioricets left.  Fioricet has definitely helped my migraines and has been prescribed for thyroiditis pain.  This may sound really stupid and elementary, but at what point do i become addicted to these medicines.  On painfree, low pain days, I don't take anything.  How will I know I've got a problem?  Thanks for your comments.