Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Zispin/Mirtazapine
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Zispin/Mirtazapine

I've been taking Zispin now for the last couple of months because my anxiety was getting really bad, I only take it at night time and find it great for making me sleep, in fact it pretty much knocks me out.. lol.

I have been taking Lexapro & Benzo's for many years now but since I've started taking the Zispin I seem to be putting on a lot of weight. It's annoying because it really helps my anxiety and depression. Since I've start taking it I've got back to going to the gym 3 times a week and playing football as well and still I'm putting on weight. I could only imagine how big i'd be if I wasn't doing the exercise in the first place.

Should I ask my doctor to switch, is there other medication like Zispin without the weight gain?