Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Zispin/Mirtazapine

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Zispin/Mirtazapine
I've been taking Zispin now for the last couple of months because my anxiety was getting really bad, I only take it at night time and find it great for making me sleep, in fact it pretty much knocks me out.. lol.

I have been taking Lexapro & Benzo's for many years now but since I've started taking the Zispin I seem to be putting on a lot of weight. It's annoying because it really helps my anxiety and depression. Since I've start taking it I've got back to going to the gym 3 times a week and playing football as well and still I'm putting on weight. I could only imagine how big i'd be if I wasn't doing the exercise in the first place.

Should I ask my doctor to switch, is there other medication like Zispin without the weight gain?
The best thing you can do for yourself is to watch very closely the portions you eat which is a much more effective way of controlling your weight than just exercise. These medications increase your appetite but that does not mean you have to eat as much. Try that first.