Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Zoloft & High Blood Pressure
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Zoloft & High Blood Pressure

I have been on Zoloft now for 4 weeks and am suddenly suffering from very high blood pressure at 154/104. Could zoloft be causing this as my blood pressure was fine and has been fine consistently now for a long time.
Related Discussions
242532_tn?1269553979
Yes, it could definetly be a response to the medication. It is a known side effect.
2 Comments
Blank
I cannot tell you for sure, but I can tell you that I have tried several anti-depressants and while taking them I had high blood pressure. It was severe enough that my insurance company sent me a letter regarding how to get it under control. Do not switch to Effexor... bad, bad stuff. Read the forum on the Effexor and see how many symptoms people have that are no where to be found on the "clinical trail symptom's list".  
Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979