Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Zoloft Start Up

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Zoloft Start Up
Hello my name is John and I have been having trouble with anxiety since February 2010, some days are good but other days are bad its up and down.  I am very hesitant about taking SSRI's.  I tried one 20mg Celexa and it was the worst experience I have ever had so I stopped that.  Now the doctor is giving me 50mg Zoloft and was wondering how bad the start up side effects are, and if they are bad to keep taking it?
Sometimes it takes awhile before you find the right medication.
It's really hard to tell by 1 pill whether or not it's going to work.  Many side effects from these types medication subside within a short time and then their benefit kicks in.
Only you can tell whether or not your better off trying to find a medication that helps.
Give them a fair trial and follow your doctors instructions.  Take one day at a time and see how it goes.
Let us know how you are doing.