Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Zoloft and Wellbutrin?

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Zoloft and Wellbutrin?
I've been suffering from depression for many years.  Female (32y).
My father has the same problem.  Ten years ago, my doctor prescribed me Desipramine (50mg) It helped me for 3 years.  Then my depression started over.  A new doctor prescribed me Zoloft 50mg.  It didn't help me that much because even though I was taking it, every day I used to feel sleepy and with no energy.  Now my doctor prescribed me Wellbutrin 150 mg. along with Zoloft 50 mg..  Should I keep taking these two medicines together? Since I am taking Wellbutrin I have more energy and I don't get sleepy.  But I don't know if I should stop taking Zoloft.

Besides depression I also have Menier
Zoloft and Wellbutrin are commonly prescribed together, and work well together.  Whether one or the other is activating your Menier's disease is impossible for me to say. It would probably be best to stay on it a while longer to see what happens, or talk to your doctor again about what else might be activating your menier's disease.  Sometimes just worrying about these symptoms makes them worse because you observe them so closely...see if you can backoff a bit from that and see what happens...r..g
I'm sorry that you are not feeling well.
When I was on Wellbutrin, I had ringing in my ears and I don't suffer from Meniere's disease. It kind of coordinated with my pounding heartbeat! Check with your doctor to see if you can eliminate one or the other to see if it goes away.

Feel better soon!