Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
anxiety symptom or not

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

anxiety symptom or not

I have been diagnosed with a panic disorder and had many different symptoms.  My newest one is a tingling tickling sensation in my body not on my skin but inside.  Kind of like butterflies in your stomach, but in my whole body.  It migrates from place to place and sometimes a few places at once.  I keep thinking its RLS but my symptoms aren't consistent with this condition. I don't fit the criteria. They happen regardless of if I'm moving or not with no relief.  For example if i feel it in my hands and shake them they don't subside nor do I get partial relief. They can come on when I'm moving my limbs or when I'm at rest. When i get them in my legs I have no urge to move. When i get anxious these symptoms flare up. Only time i get restless is when its in my trunk but walking has no relief. Regardless I'm just curious if anxiety can cause these tickling tingling sensations in the body.  I've had MRI done CT's and a NVC.

THK YOU IN ADVANCE
Hello.

You may have to look at ruling out any physical cause for these symptoms. It appears to me that the symptoms are a part of the anxiety spectrum, but it helps to know that for sure. With a diagnosis of Anxiety disorder such as Panic Disorder, it is easy to slip into the mode of not taking enough efforts at identifying other causes and blaming it all on anxiety (more so for health care professionals). I may not be able to help you much with identifying possible medical causes of your present symptoms, but you can discuss this with your GP. Typical conditions you can rule out are Diabetes, anemia, hyperventilation syndrome, side effects of SSRI group of drugs. (increased anxiety can be caused by SSRIs as a side effect), etc.

Hope this helps.
forgot to add they're  not constant they wax and wane.
last comment. When i relax they're not always there.  I was merely trying to explain that with moving my limbs i get no relief.  When I'm relaxed they're not always there either they just migrate and come and go whenever they want.  sorry for so many posts
i hope you understand im not talking about pins and needles feeling sir, it luike stroking a feather on ur skin but the feeling is in your body
Yes, I could guess that as "tickling" sensation was mentioned. Such symptoms can occur in anxiety. We also need to look at how disturbing these symptoms are to you. A constant worry about them can also be a sign that you are anxious about having the symptoms in the first place. This needs to be addressed as well. I hope you are able to discuss with your doctors about this.
I definitely was until you clarified the matter and my symptoms are drastically essened and under control.  Thank you for your time sir.