Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
begin dreaming just before falling asleep

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

i start to dream before i fall asleep. it happens a lot. usually in that relaxed state when you know you are drifting off but can still know your awake. i will hear voices sometimes but most often it feels like i am starting a dream. there will be thoughts in my head that seem so real. sometimes its a scenerio thats totally not real but it feels real until i open my eyes and come to. it just seems like a dream is begining. It does not bother me but i just wonder if its normal. i know what a hypnagnoic hallucination and does that seem like part of one
You are describing a perfectly normal phenomenon...nothing to worry about and nothing to explain.
That happens to me all the time too. Like the doc said it's normal.