Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
celexa and sexual dysfunction

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

celexa and sexual dysfunction

hello
i started on celexa 10mg 2 weeks ago for a 4 day trial for tolerance and then went up to 20mg afterwards to treat depression and anxiety.
the good news-my crying has stopped.
the bad news-i have noticed a complete lack of libido and disinterest in sex and have been unable to achieve orgasm.
in addition i sometimes feel spacey and tired.
will this pass?
is this it?i guess this is better then before but i didnt think this was to have any side effects like this?
thanks in advance for your input-
vicky
This is a very familiar complaint with these drugs...it may change with time...I would give it another two weeks. If it doesn't change, talk to your doctor about changing medications.