Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
comment to Nate on missing dose of effexor

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

I have missed  a dose  of effexor quite a few times and within about 4 to 6 hours I get real hot, my palms of hands and lips start to feel numb or tingley and it seems like a roaring in my ears and I also get unbalanced. I've told my doctor but he said it was just my imagination. I don't if its the effexor or not but it only happens if I forget to take it.  I was glad to know that it wasn't just me that was having difficulties with it.
Dear Marni,

Just to reiterate, Venlafaxine (Effexor) is known to have possible adverse reactions stemming from its abrupt discontinuation or missed dose such as dizziness, insomnia, nervousness, nausea, and headaches, among other symptoms. It is not common, but can occur in some individuals.

I hope you maintain your current medication compliance to avoid such symptoms.

Sincerely,

HFHS MD - RG

*Keyword: Effexor