Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
compulsive lieing and mood swings

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

compulsive lieing and mood swings

What type of disorder is this ? Daughter in law that has a compulsive lieing disorder and mood swings and then has outburst of angry. she tries to make everyone happy by tell  them  what  
they
want to heard and not to get her in trouble for what she has done. EX. speeding ticket, wreck the car. Makes up stories.
untrusting,Most of the time she is a lovely person, has lost jobs, and say,s she was laid off when she had been fired do to her blowning up.She is to go to the doc. today What to expect? How do we help her with this problem for her to except it and do something about it.
The description of your daughter in law suggests a diagnosis in the bipolar family, and if that is confirmed, there is good treatment for her.
Thank you for the information and you were right on the money. She went to the doctor, and that is what it is I know that it is along road ahead. She is on Serzone and I hope that this will be the right road to take. Thank you.
hi, my name is chelsey.
im a 14 year student from canada i also have a terribe lieing disorder and i need some help im doing some research on what it is and how you get started so can you plese e-mail me some info or mail it to

thank you so very much

Chelsey
I have always had a huge problem with lieing. I lie when I dont even have to. I lie to ususlly make myself "look better" to people I have never met and to my family ALOT! I have been doing this since I was a child. I am 30 yrs old and I want to stop. I lie sooo much that sometimes I believe in my own lies as well as what lie did I tell that person oram I going to be caught? I hate it soo much. HELP I want to quit lieing. Stephanie
hello

hello i also lie alot and i dont know why i do it either.
there is lots wrong with me and i dont know why.

sometimes i lie to make myself look better and other times i lie
to cover up my own mistakes(like losing a job, why i want to be alone).

i have a lieing problem i constantly lie to my girlfriend and now i believe its over i dont know what to do help me
I would seek the counseling of a psychotherapist.  Not a psychiatrist, please no more drugs!!!
  There are lieing disorders, but maybe you could have low self-esteem and are lying to cover that. Or maybe the truth is ugly (like drug infested) and you're lieing to cover that. Or maybe you're lieing because you think your life is dull and you're trying to make it seem more soap-ish.  Or maybe you've been lieing for so long that you don't remember how to tell the truth.
  Only a qualified psychotherapist can sort this out.  If you're diagnosed, tell your girlfriend.  If she's not the type to break up with someone who has a disorder or disease, good.  If she is the type, then she would have broken up with you if you got even diabetes.  Sucks to be her then.
Im 39, and have 2 kids. Been together for 1 year. I have never hurt someone as bad as ive hurt her, not even my worst enemy. I have not cheated on her, and i continue to lie to her about stupid things. I lie to her all the time no matter what. She has a short short fuse and bad temper and im mostly afraid of her blowing up.

But of course when i lie to her it makes things ten times worse, but i dont seem to be able to quit, Im so afraid of losing her. I dont want her to hurt anymore and i dont want her to have anything to worry about. I want her to believe in me again.
Its my fault she hurts and doesn't believe anything i say, but i want to correct the lieing problem. Badly. I love her more than anything and would go to hell and back for her. I would say i care about her(even though i do) but i must not inside if i keep hurting her the way i do. I do care for her and want to fix this, but i don't know where to begin. i just want her to have a boyfriend/husband to be proud of and i want her the happiest she can be.  Please Help!
I have a sister that lies all the time she lied to us for 2 years about her dieing, She went to another rehab when we found  out about it  or detox not even a rehab, She said that the shrink said she had bipolor but i dont belive it, She still has all the signs that shes not telling the truth. She complains about other people and how they treat her there kids and she has destroyed hers . she still lies all the time over stupid things Im wondering if that is a thing she needs to do , or does she just feel like she can and get away with it