Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
depression anxiety alcoholism medication
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

depression anxiety alcoholism medication

I have been on citalopram and buproprion for over a year for depression.  I have recently admittted that i am also alcoholic. I went to my first aa meeting 5 months ago, but have "slipped up" a few times... on a vacation in florida for 3 weeks, and 3 other days during that time.  I am have been to a doctor, a counsellor during this time and have told them everything.  I am recently really struggling with anxiety and dealing with all my thoughts, before I would just drink to hide all that.  I have been researching and am wondering if asking the doctor about switching to lexapro (for the anxiety), continuing the buproprion (to combat the sexual numbness) and adding Topiramate for my alcohol cravings.  Can someone advise if this is a wise combination/request?
Thank you,
wavemagic