Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
emotional detachment
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

emotional detachment

I have a friend who says that he does not get emotional attached to things and that nothing truely ever makes him sad.  He says that he never crys.  When his pet dog died he didn't cry nor did he even get slightly emotional.  I have never known him to a address any issue of importance, and when someone does bring a confronatational issue up he says, "I just don't realy care". He can get mad, he just can't say how he feels.  
     He is also etreamly sarcastic.  He is able to give cut downs with ease, but has a hard time giving compliments.  More acurately the criticisms are directed towards a girl who he is dating.  Who he is quick to state is not his girlfriend.
     He realy is a good guy I just wounder what's makes him so unatached and how do you help-is it just his personality?