Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
frustrated and angry
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

frustrated and angry

I use to be described as nice and easy going, now I would describe myself as frustrated and angry.  I can't stand it!  I have become so short tempered, I can't stand myself.  I was wondering if maybe this is normal in light of what I have been going through.  Just about a year ago my mother died of heart disease, she suffered long and hard.  We were very close, I idolized her.  I held her hand to the end.  5 months after her death I was finally diagnosed, after a little over a year of testing, with heart problems.  I can believe that, maybe, I was frustrated then because I was ill and had to watch my mother suffer as I stood by unable to help.  Maybe even now, that is part of the anger.  I don't know.  Is this possible?  If so, when will I get over it? and how?  If not, how can I help myself? Also, I am having trouble with thinking about my diagnosis almost constantly and I, kind of, resent having to take medicine (atenolol) the rest of my life.  I want to argue with my cardiologist and have to make a conscious effort not to.  Is this normal? Can I do something for myself to get over all of this?  Thank you.