Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
hypothyroidism/sleep problem
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hypothyroidism/sleep problem

hello im 26 male
im an hypothyroid patient since im 18
in the last 6 month ive been experiencing some sleep disturbances....
in some time in my life ive taked to much thyroid hormone, wich drop the tsh levels in a hyperthyroidism state ...
so , in that levels ive experienced some hyperthyroidism disturbances like insomnia...
i was taking to much levothyroxine so i stopped, and make some reduction...and the tsh levels get back to normal again....and i started to sleep better
but the problem is that normally my tsh level is in 1,77...everything its normal, but in my mind i think that this level can drop again to an hyperthyroidism state, and "blocks" any attempt to sleep....
is like my brain pushes me to stay awake .....its awfull
i usually am tired when i go to bed.....but this concerns in my head makes my life in a misery....