Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
hypothyroidism
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypothyroidism

Hi all,
There seems to be so many questions about the link between anxiety/depression and thyroid problems.  I was diagnosed w/ hashimotos thyroiditis in Aug. '99.  I've been swinging between hypothyroid & hyperthyroid while they adjust my meds.  I've been depressed, anxious, unable to sleep, having tingling sensations, tremors, inability to concentrate, etc.  Generally feeling like i'm losing my mind. It's terrible.  
Naturally, not all anxiety/depression problems are realted to thyroid, but it sure seems like a lot of them are.  Below is a great website all about thyroid problems.  There are FAQ's, message boards and a lot of information.  Anyone with a thyroid problem should check it out.  If for no other reason than peace of mind.

http://thyroid.miningco.com/health/thyroid/msub4.htm

Take care