Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
if I quit marijuana will I be the same as before start smoking it ?

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

I have been smoking marijuana every day last semester and I am ready to quit. my concern is that is there any permanent affects that I will be suffering from after even after quitting ?  in other word will I be the same as before smoking marijuana ?
The answer is yes. The sooner the better.
I am not a Dr. but quitting far out ways any effects you might have from the smoking. Any effects that may occur after quitting will only worsen the longer you smoke. The longer you go without smoking the better your body will be able to heal itself. Beware that detox can be the pits and you may need help in doing so. Make not smoking a habit of yours (habits are usually formed after 21 days of doing it consistently). You can also try thinking of it as a money saving adventure. Count up the cost of how much smoking cost you over the last semester ( probably quit a bite ). Each day put aside that amount of money for another semester and use that money to buy yourself a great gift as a reward for quitting. Well I hope this helps and you get the help needed to quit.
Exactly what is it you think marijuana did to you?  Just quit; it's not an addictive drug.  It is habit forming, but not addictive.  Just curious what you think it did to you?  
Take this from someone who just stopped smoking up 10x a day. I spent the entire last year of my life baked. I barely graduated because I was so high in class I was just a body in a room. Hell, I don't even remember the graduation ceremony.

I stopped smoking 7 weeks ago, and yes life does feel a lot different than it does before. I used to be a straight A student, now I could care less about school. I have absolutely no motivation. I forget little things  and all the facts that I used to know. I used to be able to name the capitals of 50+ countries, now I can barely get past 12. The dreams will be the hardest part though. Ever noticed when you woke up after smoking  you didn't have any dreams? Marijuana does that, and when you stop after smoking for so long, you get the craziest, most wild dreams that can be both scary or just really weird and might make you want to smoke again. They only last a little while. I feel a little better every day, but no where near what I was before I started. Seriously, just stop the habit and make it an occasional thing. Like on weekends or every other weekend even. It also gets to be quite costly. It's really not worth it and since you've only been a daily smoker for a semester you should just break it now when it will be easier for you. That's how I started, and then it just got to the point where I liked high life better than real life and turned it into reality.The first week is the hardest but after that, it's nothing really. You don't even get sick, just bored. I am totally all for MJ still, don't get me wrong. I'm just sharing my experience and if I could go back with what I know now, I wouldn't have even done it daily, let alone spend the entire day high. Hopefully you found something in there somewhere that gives you the motivation to quit you were looking for. If not, sorry for typing so much haha.

But the doctor is right, the sooner the better because there are adverse effects that can be with you for the long term.