Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
is there a doctor in the house?

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

is there a doctor in the house?

I know the doctors are very busy and that this is a service they
provide as a kindness, but there hasn't been a dr. here for days! Any chance any of these questions will be answered soon?

Thanks!
Anon,

For urgent questions or concerns(things that need an answer in less than 7-10 days) please see/consult your personal physician.  Keep in mind that this web site is intended for general educational purpose only and is not intended to substitute for care by your personal physician.  We do apologize for the inconvienence.

Sincerely,

HFHS MD-JM

Keyword:  Response time
If you look at the information on this site you'll see that the doctors try to respond in 7 - 10 days and that anything sooner than that is exceeding the established expectation.  I know it's hard to wait but if you have urgent quesitons, you can always speak to your personal physician.
the docs answered some questions on 9/22/99. are you not exaggerating when you say there hasn't been a doc in the house for days ? you need to read the disclaimer notice and see what it says about how long the docs may take to reply.
To the understandably anonymous responder I would like to point out that it is extremely difficult to cope with the ongoing, persistent and debilitating symptoms of whatever 'mental illness'
one happens to be suffering from.

I am not at all suggesting that the doctors on this service should be able to respond any more quickly than they do.  Simply suggesting that a bit of empathy does not go astray - and that making someone feel even nmore guilty etc than they already do is not going to help anyone.

Many of us use this service as well as phone LifeLine  etc, but sometimes the desperation is so great that you just need an immediate response.  Even though rationally you realise that it is unrealistic to expect one.

Try sympathy and understanding instead of aggression and defensiveness.