Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
long term use of Celexa
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

long term use of Celexa

I have been using generic Celexa (citolapram?) for about ten years for chronic pain.  It seems to work quite well but I worry about the long term effect on my brain and my liver ( or others I am unaware of).
I am prescribed  a standard dose (20mg) and keep trying to lower it.  I have gotten it down to 3/4 pill /day but when I go to 1/2 the neck pain seems to come back.  Should I keep trying?  My neurologist thinks I should stick with it since it took a long time to find something that would work.
{PLease give me your opinion on long term use of this drug.

Thanks, Lucinda