Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
mental anxiety

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

mental anxiety

I noticed on a lot of these forums anxiety causes a lot of physical problems.I have had anxiety for a while now and it has been very severe.Recently it has infested within me instead of physical I feel separated from myself and confused and I constantly obsess over it,I also google everything and now I fear that I have a brain tumor or anyerism Im losing my patience and I dont know what else to do.Is this happening to anyone else?
Been there.
Have you seen a psychiatrist or spoken to a psychotherapist?
No you have to sign up months in advance just to speak to one. I honestly feel like ill be this way the rest of my life.
Were you able to get it under control?
Maybe you could see your family doctor.  They can refer you and can sometimes speed up the process.  They may also be able to offer advice about managing in the interim.

I have my moments.  I have other issues too which complicate things.

Given your high anxiety levels your doctor may choose to medicate your symptoms.  While medication can help I believe addressing the underlying cause is the best long-term solution.

There are basic things that you can do to relieve stress and anxiety.  Getting adequate sleep, good nutrition, laying off caffeine, exercising.  Real basic stuff.  Stress management, relaxation exercises.  Deep breathing.  These are things you could possibly try yourself.  If there is something bothering you, trying to problem-solve that should help.

Many of the deeper issues need to be worked through with a psychotherapist though.

While you are on the wait list you may like to try Dr Gould's program which can be found at his website (myvirtualshrink.com).  

With good professional support you should be able to work through this.  This doesn't have to be your life.

If you would like more support or would like to talk to others with anxiety you may like to check out the anxiety community forum.

Good luck!