Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
my Doctor wants to change me from 200 mg of Zoloft to 200 mg of wellbut...

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

my Doctor wants to change me from 200 mg of Zoloft to 200 mg of wellbutrin is that a good idea

I am presently taking 200 mg of zoloft.I lost my daughter at the end of 07,thats when he increased my mg. I have been diagnosed with Major Depression,PTSD,and Fyromyalgia,High Blood Pressure and recently mild ault add.My Pschycologist wants to change me to 200mg of Wellbutrin.Im a little concerned about the change.Ive heard  that Wellbutrin is more mild and with me being on something strong It may cause me some problems
I can't second guess your doctor because not sure about the rationale...it is a safe change, and wellbutrin is a great medication for a lot of people, and if you agree with the change you could consider it to be an experiment, and change back if necessary.
I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm not sure about the medication but that is something your doctor may be able to help you with.  I'm not sure what is behind your T's rationale for medication change but you may like to take your concerns to them as well.
If you have been in therapy you not require as high a dose at the moment.
This is something that needs to be discussed with your treatment team.
The doctor here will be better able to advise you about the medication, etc.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Take care.