Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
opiate withdrawal side effects
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

opiate withdrawal side effects

I've just titrated off Depakote and am now taking Lamotrigine -- we are titrating that too -- but this one we're titrating up.  I also take 450 mg  of Wellbutrin every day, as well as 150 of Effexor -- I've taken those with only beneficial results and no negative side effects.  

The big one is I've been taking suboxone, very small doses, like 1/2 a mg a day... and I've been doing this for about 3 years.  And now I would like to stop.  In fact I have stopped -- and I'm on day 2.  My doctor tells me I should be feeling better in about a week.

Here's my Question: I've been suffering from loss of balance, loss of memory and tremors.  Are these normal side effects to opiate withdrawal?