Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
side effects to a certain medication

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

side effects to a certain medication
What are the side effects of paxil?
I suggest you get a full list of them online, but primarily the side effects are related to weight gain, short term intestinal symptoms, an unusual mental feeling for a few days, and not much else...although, infrequently, many more.
My experience is, the more a medication works, the more side effects you get.  Paxil is loaded with them, but then so are all of these crazy pharmaceuticals.  Since everyone is different, though, no one can predict which side effects you'll get, and you might not even notice some of them until much later, such as changes in personality.  And they change over time.  And they're not side effects, that's psych speak, they're just effects.
you sure are right about the personality changes.  im much more aggessive now that i ever used to be and i am no longer on it. im still on the road to losing the weight though, wish me luck.
Wow, that's interesting.  Paxil made me much more aggressive and angry, but I didn't know it was the Paxil until I had to research it when I went through withdrawal.  I was even trying to provoke fights, which is so unlike how I used to be.