Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
tingling in chest

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

tingling in chest

I have been dealing with strange symptoms since April. In July I had chest pressure and pain below my left shoulder blade and around to my chest. I went to the ER twice with this .. had numerous EKG's, 2 chest c-scans, along with ultra sound and scan of my kidneys, liver, pancreas, gallblader (gallbladder), stress echo, chest x-ray, blood work, everything normal. Went to the chiropractor in August and said two of my rib heads were out. I did feel better after he adjusted me for 3 weeks and had 3 deep tissue/muscle massages. I have been to two cardiologists both saying not my heart. Oh, I am 36 yrs female, no heart disease in family, no risk factors. I have chest pressure and a tingling sensation in my chest. Sometimes I feel lightheaded and nauseus. There are days were my pressure and tingling will last all day. Sometimes I will wake up fine and then in a few minutes after waking up I will have the tingling feeling. They are not always together. I will also sometimes have an itchy feeling just in the center of my chest. I went to the first cardiologist yesterday to ask him if he thought it was anxiety. He only said the only thing he could do at this point is a cath eventhough he feels it would be fine but there are a couple times when he said someone my age w/ no risk factors and having normal cardiac tests do have blockage. That was something I didn't need to hear since I think about having a heart attack 24/7. I just want to know can chest pressure, tingling sensations in the chest (sometimes in neck) be related to anxiety. I have been on buspar for 10 days and have noticed a slight improvement. Any help would be appreciated I am at my wits end.
Yes, those symptoms can easily be from anxiety. Before you do a cath, ask your doctor about klonopin, o.5 mg day for a week, and see if you symptoms subside.  That will tell you a lot.
1 Comment
I have very similar symptoms..  Are you ok? any word?