Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
trazodone and nausea

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

trazodone and nausea
Posted By lara on February 24, 1999 at 16:59:49:

I have been having bouts of nausea and dry heaves for almost four months.  I saw a gastroenterologist who did a bunch of tests and diagnosed me with galballder (emptying) problems.  I had my galbladeer removed but the symptoms have persisted.  My dad read an article about the cumlative effect of anti-deperessants sometimes manifesting as gastrointestinal problems.  Is it possible that the Trazodone I'm taking is the problem?  I've been taking Trazodone for three years in increasing doses -- started at 50mg/day as an addition to 200 mg/day of Zoloft to help with sleep.  I stopped taking Zoloft and incresed my Trazodone to 200 mg/day.  In the last month or so I have weaned myself to 150 mg/day in hopes that the symptoms would abate.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.