Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
twitching and muscle contractions

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

twitching and muscle contractions

I began with muscle twitches and cramp and spasms -after two months I SAW A NEUROLOGIST AND HAD A NORMAL EXAMINATION AND A NORMAL EMG. i was told I WAS SUFFERING FROM EXTREME ANXIETY- AT THE SAME TIME I NOTICED THE SLEEVES OF MY CLOTHES WERE SHAKING AND THE FRONT OF MY CLOTHES WERE MOVING UP AND DOWN- WHEN i looked from above my breasts to my pubic area was continually moving in a rhtymic way in and out- I MENTIONED IT TO THE NEUROLOGIST WHO SAID HE COULD SEE AND IT WAS ANXIETY- ANOTHER THREE AND A HALF MONTHS ON IT HASN'T STOPPED FOR A MINUTE. in the mean time I HAD A BREAST EXAMINATION AND THE DR SAID THEY WERE NON STOP MUSCLE CONTRACTIONS IN OUT CONTINOUSLY- i can only feel them when i move in a particular way and my clothes touch them but I CAN SEE THEM THOUGH MY CLOTHES ALL THE TIME.the twitching has also trebled - from my scalp- my hair always feels its moving to inside my vagina -to moving my big toes up and down- ALSO MUSCLES KEEP ON TIGHTENING NOT HARD AND THEN i feel them let go- at the same time i started with myoclonus and take clozepam. I SAW THE NEURO ON THE 1ST FEB for a check up AND HE BOUGHT A PSYCHIARIST WITH HIM i'm not crazy but I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOInG ON WITH MY BODY, i had another neuro examination and he said i was as fit as a fiddle except for my head- can anxiety be doing all this to me- I AM GETTING MORE ANXOUS BY THE MINUTE IF THATS POSSIBLE- PLEASE COULD YOU GIVE ME YOUR OPINION
tHANKS IN ANTICIPATION
ara
It is certainly possible for anxiety to cause all of the symptoms you describe. If this were neurological, your neuro would have been able to diagnose it by now.

A vicious cycle takes place once anxiety manifests itself in a bodily reaction. You become more self conscious, and end up watching yourself too closely.  Your attention shifts toward your body, and you become mentally disconnected from it. Your body becomes like a foreign object and seems to continue to surprise and frighten you.

The more frightened you are, the more self conscious, the more frightened, and the cycle continues and your symptoms get worse.  Interrupting this cycle with anti-anxiety medication and psychotherapy is the best remedy.
1 Comment
Is there anything that mimics st johnswart without all the MOAI side effects....if so what...are there any herbal besides cava..I like the effects of st johnswart but the hives& twitching is to much 4 me to handle....help n ohio!