Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
waking disorder

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

waking disorder
My sleeping disorder is one I can't seem to find discribed anywhere. I have trouble waking up in the morning for work. I have no problem getting to sleep, I get enough sleep but I hit the snoze without realizing or remembering, people can be screaming at me to wake up, shaking me but I'm in so deep it takes alot to shake me. After I get on my feet I'm fine, no fatige. I also feel it's important to mention that the minute I up,I'm in a good mood (Most mornings anyway). There's hardly a morning I'm not singing as I get ready. Is this a medical condition. I've tryed 1 alarm, 2 alarms, a light going on and as I mentioned others have witnessed how hard I wake up. I
hope you can sympathize with this, my boss can't. Hope you have some answers or links that I could research. Thanks Karen
I can sympathize with you but not sure I can help you. Its the kind of thing that requires some diagnostic tests at a sleep lab. I would suggest you go to your local university and find the sleep lab. and ask for a consultation.  It doesn't sound serious or dangerous, but I can see how troublesome it might become.