Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
weaning of effexor 75mg

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

weaning of effexor 75mg
today i called my dr & let him know that i would like to discontinue taking effexor75mg. i take it once a day, since dec2001. he told me the way to do it, is to take one pill, every other day till they r gone. i have 14 pills left. does this sound right? i thought i would be given a lower dose to take for awhile. i heard the side effects r horrible to say the least.

thanks
I prefer a more conservative withdrawal schedule. Take that dose every other day for next week. Then half every other day for next week.. then half or less every third day until gone..you shouldn't have any problem with that schedule.