Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
what would dosage be

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

what would dosage be

thank you for your help my question is do i decrease my pill by halfing the0.5 for thre to four weeks, also do i drop it off morning, afternoon or evening dose or a peice off of two seperate doses, also can i extend dose from six hours to seven or seven and a half hrs instead of tapering down without it affecting me i know this may be two seperate questions and if you have to you can answer each one seperately and i will pay for each question.  please let me know
Hello again.

You can continue with the 6 hourly dosage. Extending it to 7 - 7 and half hours probably won't make a significant difference to the tapering process. It will only extend the time when you have to take the last tablet of the day, which can affect your sleep schedule.

Keeping 3 tablets a day schedule, you can reduce the dose to 0.25mg. After two weeks, you can further reduce the dose by half. You might have to look for 0.25mg tablets, which you can break into half. You can even go a bit slower by dropping off the afternoon dose and continuing on 0.25mg twice a day for another couple of weeks. The more gradual the better.

This is a rough guide. I suggest you discuss with your doctor regarding the feasibility of this plan.

Hope this helps with both your questions.
What is your medication that you are talking about? what was your normal dosage? and why do you want to come off?