Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
why do my legs hurt with anxiety
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

why do my legs hurt with anxiety

I am a 37 year old male who was diagnosed with G.A.D. I am currently on 100 mgs of Zoloft daily. Big my biggest symptom besides ongoing dizzyness is my legs feel like there is adrenaline that rushes through then. I especially notice it when I am relaxed, mostly at night. I tend to twitch them uncontrolable while I sleep and in the morning my calfs hurt.
Related Discussions
Kevin,

Anxiety can manifest itself through bodily symptoms(ie somatization).  One always needs to rule out a medical conditon such as vascular abnormalities, medication side effects and restless legs syndrome in this case.  I suggest that you discuss these issues further with your personal physician if they have not already been considered.  It may also be helpful for you to search this forums archives using generalized anxiety disorder and somatization as keywords for further discussion.

Sincerely,

HFHS MD-JM

Keywords:  Anxiety, somatization
1 Comment
Blank
About the leg problems. Here might be a clue for those who think
they do have restless leg syndrome. Do you use stairs alot, or
walk at time when you are out of shape? These things cause leg
problems too.

Sincerely,
SM
Blank
why do my legs hurt when i drink alcoholic beverages?
Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703