Depression: Support For Families Community
Complicated situation..

This patient support community is for anyone with a loved one that suffers from depression, Bipolar Disorder, panic attacks, generalized anxiety, or any other mental health issues or mood disorders.

Complicated situation..

Hey yall, so I've got a situation I'm in, and its kind of hard to explain. So here's some back story:

I'm 22, and have a 3 month old daughter (born in January). I live at home with my parents because my ex is a jerk and was verbally abusive to me while I was pregnant. I left him while I was pregnant. He is now sueing me for custody, even though he has had nearly nothing to do with the baby since she was born, not financially,  and he has only seen her a few times. He has also threatened to "take her and run" more than once, so he I'm not allowing visitation until there's papers in place. I've also been diagnosed with post partum depression, and with everything else that's going on its alot to deal with.

Now, the everything else thats going on. I have a 17 year old step sister that lives in the house too. In December, she was admitted to an in patient program because she was threatening suicide. She was then diagnosed with PTSD and major depressive disorder from her biological father molesting her for the last 3 years. She got out and went to an 8 week out patient program after that,  and has been back at school for a little over a week now. She scratches and cuts herself still, and will use anything she can get her hands on to do it with. She's in counseling,  and so am I.

My dad and stepmom have been married less than a year, and all of this has happened, so its put a huge strain on their relationship. My dad doesn't really believe depression is a real disorder, unless its in a case like mine, because mine is caused by a hormone imbalance. Also, my step sister is a huge drama queen,  an only child, and super spoiled. Like she can't go a couple of hours with out talking to her mom or she'll have a breakdown. My dad didn't raise me like that, and he has no tolerance for that kind lf behavior. I don't either, and it really gets on my nerves sometimes.

I try to be understanding, but I have my own problems to deal with, liks going back to school next month, being a new mom, and dealing with my stupid sperm donor. I can't focus on my step sisters problems, or my dad and stepmoms problems, and my step sister and stepmom seem to think I'm heartless because I just don't have the mental compacity to deal with their problems too. I feel likr I should help them, but I don't know if I should or if I even can. I'm mentally exhausted and don't know what to do.

Can anyone offer any advice or opinions?