Depression: Support For Families Community
Depression

This patient support community is for anyone with a loved one that suffers from depression, Bipolar Disorder, panic attacks, generalized anxiety, or any other mental health issues or mood disorders.

Depression

Hi , I'm a 34 years old single mom. I have a 7 and half year old son. I really feel depressed ,I was hoping if somebody can help me. I don't have a job and no health Insurance but I think i really need to see a psychologist in Irvine California.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself:
I got married when i was 23  I came to United States with my Husband. I got pregnant when i was 26 but my husband passed away when my son was 6 month old.
it's been about 5 years that i'm unemployee . ( I was out of country for 3 years after my husband died) but we came back to the state about 7 months ago and we live in Irvine Ca . I can't go to work because I don't know what to do with my son if i have to work on weekends or over times , i feel like i hate going to work , It's been about 7 years now that i'm single again but i couldn't find a guy to have a relationship with i just have  some short term frendships.I feel like I can't trust any man and think that they just want to use me for sex. In general I can't decide what to do with my life . I'm 34 but I still don't know what I want from life.
I cry most of the times before i go to sleep. I feel like i'm very behind from everybody els.
I give up on everything very soon ,I don't trust myself ,I think I can't finish up any job or anything  .I just look for any excuse to leave a task.

I'm sorry but English is my second language and  I can't write so good in English ,

Thanks you .
Hi I noticed no one answered your question.  I hope you are doing ok. First of all, you can get free counciling by going to any local church in your area.  Almost all pastors are certified councilors and they will council with you for free! Even if you are not religious its a great resource to use. Second have you applied for benefits with the state?  They can provide money to pay for daycare for your son while you work.  And as far as a relationship, don't worry about that right now.  Take time and heal first.  Get the counciling you need and concentrate on you and your son first.  One you get healthy again and established then worry about a relationship.  I hope this helps.  Good luck to you.
And if church isn't an option, there are many free and low-income clinics that can help you. Just google " Low income mental health clinic, Irvine".
Hi, my name is Lynn and I have had depression for many years, but once I changed my way of thinking, I changed my way of life. I went for psychotherapy sessions and emotional support groups. They can help you change your negative thinking into something positive. You can build self confidence and motivation in yourself. Also taking antidepressant medication can help. See a psychiatriast and ask him about psychotherapy. It really does help.