Depression: Support For Families Community
My son refuses help

This patient support community is for anyone with a loved one that suffers from depression, Bipolar Disorder, panic attacks, generalized anxiety, or any other mental health issues or mood disorders.

My son refuses help

My 20 year old son attempted suicide last week.  He refuses to admit to anyone other than me that that's what he did which led to drs in the hospital to think he was delusional possibly psychotic.   He is home now and refuses to talk to anyone or take medication.  I don't know how to deal with this.  They weren't able to give a diagnosis because he was still high from the pills he swallowed.   How can I tell if this is an episode or a permanent illness?  
Hi i'm looking at it this way , if he has done it once he will do it again , Can't you talk with his Doctor , Tell him/her he is a danger to himself , the Dr can give him a Section under the Mental Health Act for his own good , Hope this helped Please let us know how you get on , take care