Depression: Support For Families Community
So lost without him here :/

This patient support community is for anyone with a loved one that suffers from depression, Bipolar Disorder, panic attacks, generalized anxiety, or any other mental health issues or mood disorders.

So lost without him here :/

Im 13w2d and have been SO depressed without my fiance here :( He was home from Afghanistan for a month when i got pregnant and we found out a week after he went back. He will be back in about a month but its so hard having this be our first child together. I have a history of anxiety and depression but have been managing without meds for almost three years. Im depressed to the point of exhaustion, im so ready to have him home so we can enjoy the pregnancy together...
MrsGonzales,

In reading your post I can already tell that you are an incredibly strong person, and you are going to be fine through the next month, and the rest of your pregnancy.  That being said, you are right - it does feel terrible!

With your history of Anxiety and Depression, it is good to keep a watchful eye for the return of symptoms, but having been successfully treated and off medication for three years is an excellent accomplishment.  As Im sure youve already discovered, there are aspects of depression / anxiety that are with you always - and only you can tell when they are too much to handle.  If you feel like you are getting to the point where your symptoms are returning, it would be good idea to discuss some treatment options with your primary doctor.  Medication may not be necessary as most PCMs try to avoid antidepressant use in pregnancy - but there are other interventions that can help.  

Similarly, consider that you may be exhausted for other reasons as well.  Remember that your fiance is returning in a month and you will get to share this journey with him through your pregnancy and parenthood.  Focus on the positive aspects of each day, maintain a healthy diet, and exercise.  Sometimes in depression, it is the simple things that we forget the soonest.  

I encourage you to discuss your symptoms with your doctor at your OB visits.  If you do not have your own health insurance, Tricare will generally cover the OB visits for unmarried spouses, carrying the children of military members.

Best of luck and congratulations on your pregnancy.