Depression Community
i thought i was through with medhelp.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

i thought i was through with medhelp.

I really need someone to talk to.  I feel like my world is crashing in.  I am so tired of everything.  my niece had arms surgery on both arms,  big mistake.  she has been in severe pain since her surgery monday 15.  I have been doing my best to take care of her.  none of  our family has even called or offered to take her to the doctor.  she cant drive for 2 weeks.  I fussed my niece out and she did not know.  but my nieces daughter put in on facebook.  so she knew I know she told everyone.  we are going to the doc. tomorrow hopefully to have the drain tubes out and remove any stitches that have not dissolved.  she is wearing a compression garment that is really tight.  she is not who has me upset.  my sis her mom.  cold has not called or even showed an inkling.  I am through with my family.  they are not worth all the problems that come with them.  my nieces sister started calling tonight.  we were going to bed early to get to the doctor in the morning.  we are both nervous about tomorrow it is going to hurt a lot.  I did not answer the phone finally I took the phone off the hook she kept waking my niece up.  am I wrong.  they have never been there when I needed not while dad died not while I had cancer not when my hubby died not for the 6 years that I took care of my mom with alzeimers and conjestive heart problems.  am I wrong to walkaway and  say that is enough.  mandy876
It seems to me it just hurts when they actually do try to talk to you due to all the rejection they've given you in the past, so I don't blame you for wanting to let go. A person can only take so much and if it's causing more harm then good, then it's okay to let it go. From what you've been through, you shouldn't have to take on anymore stress. On the other hand, it can be good to hear their input too, but for now, the main thing is to worry about your niece in her time of need. She's definitely going to need your support.
thank you so much I don't know if I am right or wtong any more.  I think a long break would be the best thing.  if she has anything to say she can write it.  I love all my friends from medhelp.  I missed you guys and gals. but I don't know if I feel like talking a whole lot.  I will start crying. thanks for your help.  mandy987
Hi Mandy, i just went through the same trying to help my nephew and 6 months later no ones talking to eachother and helping him was a total waste of time looking back. Just walk away and live your live as its the only one you have and by the way im a cancer surivor also.
Hi Mandy, yeah put them on hold, no regrets. You have enough on your plate doing what you can do for your niece. If they miss one or two opportunities to help, so be it. Maybe down the road there will be less stress and a better time to revisit involvement. Take a break, take a load off your mind. I sure hope you stick around for your friend's on here though. Sometimes it's the best time to vent to friend's when you are having overwhelming feelings. It's nice to reach out and finding some humanity about. yes? It's great that you posted and i'm so glad to hear that you're there for your niece, she needs you so much, she doesn't need anybody else, you're doing the job of being her mother. And that's the best part of life isn't it, to be needed by our young loved ones.  Sorry though for the dire circumstances, but you will always be remembered for all of your strength in a crisis. Prayers to your sweet girl.
she bought me a mothers necklace.  she said I would always listen to her. her mom would not listen just scream at her and not believe a word she said.  my sis was an alcoholic.  she nearly died 4 times.  she finally stopped drinking and they put a shunt in her liver.  she is the only one a the people they did this to to survive. I know my mom is proud of me and I know she is proud of my sweet niece for standing up and make me fight to live again.  I am leaving her my house and my belongings.  she has had unlucky luck with men.  the only good thing with her marriage is she had 3 beautiful daughters. the youngest used to spend weekends with me after my hubby died.  and she is faithful to her mom.  thanks for the good advice. write to you later.  your friend charlene
jackson124 commented on photo
5 mins ago
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo