10 mg of Prozac - positive feedback please
Hi there everyone :) I'm 23 and I suffer from mild depression and some anxiety. My doc has prescribed me 10mg of Prozac and I am just so scared to take it. I just want to feel normal, I have so many great things coming up, I excersise and take supplements ect. There is nothing bad in my life... I hate feeling this way and hearing all these awful stories about it scares me. Please some positive feedback on ssris...I don't want to become numb or not care about anything or any of the other awful things...plz help :(
Hi. For every bad story you hear about ssri's there are a thousand good ones...we just don't hear about them.  Millions of people on these medications are in high functioning jobs, not feeling numb or not caring.  They can give us our lives back and that's what it did for me.  You have a choice to continue feeling like you do or take the medication and feel like your old self.  Also think about therapy to determine "why" you are depressed and have anxiety.  Often getting to the root of the problem we can ovvercome this without medication.  Also, realize that depression can be like any other medical condition requiring daily medication to control the symptoms. If you don't seek help with this it may get worse. We have choices when it comes to anxiety/depression, take advantage of what is available so you too can get your life back.  Best wishes and take care!
Hi, I don't think I can add much more to the great comments from Mammo.  I have taken Prozac, starting at 20 mg. for many years.  Probably after 7 years, I wasn't sure if it was working, so my dr. switched me to Lexapro.  Actually I believe both worked well, but have gone back to Prozac.  I do not take the generic.  I too was very afraid to take it.  I purchased it and put it in the back of the medicine cabinet for 2 days.  Finally my husband really encouraged me to take it.  You should know that you could feel somewhat better quite quickly, or it may take up to 7 or 8 weeks for the full effect.
Please take care and let us know how you are doing.  Don't hesitate to come here and ask questions!
Thankyou so much guys I definitely will, today was a struggle getting out the door and going to work... I will let you know and keep you updated. Thanks again :)
Hi,  Well you DID get out the door.  Even things like that...they seem so normal to most people, but are huge accomplishments from those of us suffering from depression and or anxiety!
Please keep us posted.  Wishing you a great day and rest of the week!
I started taking Zoloft back in 2000, and I took it successfully for almost 11 years. Before I took it, I was afraid to be alone. I would make sure I had something scheduled for every night of the week and as much of the weekend as possible so that I wouldn't panic about how to fill all the hours. I wasn't sleeping or eating well. I would wake up throughout the night, and in the morning, I just couldn't figure out what the point of getting up was. I kept obsessing about why people bother living. So I started the meds and had very few side effects. In a few weeks, I just started to feel better. I didn't worry about the point of everything, I just enjoyed life. It was a huge and welcome change.