Depression Community
$660.00 for one month supply!

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

$660.00 for one month supply!

My insurance has decided not to cover my Abilify. It costs $660 cash for a 30 day supply.

Unfortunatly since I make a middle class income, I am not eligible for any assistants with discounts.

So here is finnaly a medication that holds the key to my recovery and I can't afford it. When did life saving meds in this country become a privledge rather than a right of citicenship?

No kidding...$660.00 PER MONTH! That's more insane than my illness.

I am reporting this gouging my Bristol-Myers to my Congressmen and to the BBB. Damn these drug companies.
Aye... I feel your pain. That's... absolutely insane.

I wish you luck in reporting this. Hopefully your insurance will cover it again. I mean.... the reason there's insurance in the first place is precisely for things like this.
I would check with your psychiatrist or physician to see if they can give you some samples to use.  I am sure they have access to samples and probably have plenty to offer you.
I'd say appeal the denial. I've been denied many times and won every appeal.Consider other insurance plans. There is the Medicaid Buy In for Working People With Disabilities if it is available in your state. The income and asset limits are within what most people earn. And as for advocacy regarding benefits I'd suggest speaking to your local independent living center. As I've said there's one in every county of every state:
http://www.ilru.org/html/publications/directory/index.html
Do they just cut you  like that?  Do they not suggest an alternative medication? God that is awful.

sorry i cant help
NateFrost commented on photo
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time