Depression Community
Abilify

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Abilify

Hi,My questtion is ,is anyone on just abilify for depression? I was on cymbalta but got very bad dierehha ,the dr was going to ahve me do both but since i got the dierehha she said stop the cymbalta and just do abilfy,Im so worried it wont help,she even said it might help my anxiety and racing thoughts,,any imput
Abilify is an antipsychotic also used as a mood stabilizer. If you having racing thoughts that could be a sign of bipolar and a mood stabilizer or antipsychotic that works like one would be more helpful than an anti-depressent. They may think you have more than just depression. Ask them about that and then give the Abilify a chance.
I dont think Abilify works for depression alone. I ran out of my effexor xr (antidepressant) and only took my abilify and was a real mess for a week.. It was as if i werent taking anything. The abilify doesnt work alone in my case. Its only a booster pill, so to speak. I was tearful and restless without my antidepressant. However that could have been withdrawal or something. I was not delusional though
einaej added the Exercise Tracker
mymedsyourmeds joined this community
Welcome them!
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time