Depression Community
Abilify
About This Community:

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abilify

Hi,My questtion is ,is anyone on just abilify for depression? I was on cymbalta but got very bad dierehha ,the dr was going to ahve me do both but since i got the dierehha she said stop the cymbalta and just do abilfy,Im so worried it wont help,she even said it might help my anxiety and racing thoughts,,any imput
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
585414 tn?1288944902
Abilify is an antipsychotic also used as a mood stabilizer. If you having racing thoughts that could be a sign of bipolar and a mood stabilizer or antipsychotic that works like one would be more helpful than an anti-depressent. They may think you have more than just depression. Ask them about that and then give the Abilify a chance.
Blank
2211548 tn?1432843265
I dont think Abilify works for depression alone. I ran out of my effexor xr (antidepressant) and only took my abilify and was a real mess for a week.. It was as if i werent taking anything. The abilify doesnt work alone in my case. Its only a booster pill, so to speak. I was tearful and restless without my antidepressant. However that could have been withdrawal or something. I was not delusional though
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
einaej added the Exercise Tracker
2 hrs ago
Blank
mymedsyourmeds joined this community
Welcome them!
8 hrs ago
2020005 tn?1464196836