Depression Community
Am I depressed?

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Am I depressed?

I dont know if Im depressed or Im just taking things out of proportion. I feel like I don't know who I am. Im 16 years old but I have a lot of self esteem problems. I Feel like teens around me hate me. I have never felt so bad about myself lately. I feel like I have gotten so ugly and gained weight. I get mad at my friends and parents much easier now. I constantly think my grandma is going to die and i will lose her. I'm so scared of death, terrified. I think about it so much and I worry about it every single day. When I get frustrated I think about death but I would never do it or do that to my family. I cry myself to sleep some nights because I'm frustrated witI have no motivation whatsoever. I'm lazy and tired 24/7. I eat unbalanced meals every single day for months. I have never cut myself or tried anything to hurt myself, I don't know if in depressed. I feel like crying randomly. Someone tell me what's going on. Is this a phase? What should I do?
Hey Im 22 so I can give you some advice since we are closer in age :). Yes it can be a phase. But I will recommend that you start changing your routine to include doing things you like, positive things. For example art, music, tv, sports, and alot of other things. I isolated and did other things when I was your age and I went downhill.
But dont worry things will always change so dont think its going to suck forever. Chin up :)
Hi I am a mom of  19yr old and a 13yr old.My daughter when In  high school had some depression prmblems.She always kept  her problems to herself and one day I seen that she had cuts on her arms yes she was a cutter,my heart just sank.She  said she felt all alone,and noone uderstood her.She never came to me for help,and that broke my heart.Please let your parents know how your feeling.I got my daughter counsling through her school the counsler seen her for 2 yrs and yes it helped her alot.I know High School can be rough but if you can talk to your parent they could get you in to a counsler.your so young and you have your whole life ahead of you.Give your parents a chance and talk to them.Try to stay postive honey.
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
51 mins ago
weerosie joined this community
Welcome them!
58 mins ago
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time