Depression Community
Angry/sad/ upset

Join others suffering from Depression. Turn to them for guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Angry/sad/ upset

So I'm 19, Nearly all of the time feel angry, if someone asks me if I'm ok i just feel like crying. I dont honestly know whats wrong with me, a few years ago I used to be so happy and now i just feel angry/upset & sad all the time, i am near enuff always in a bad mood even when i dont realise, im scared of myself i will never self harm but im just scared what is wrong with me. sometimes im ok but i will normally just sit up in my bedroom out of the way, cause i also snap at little things too, sometimes it takes me a while to get to sleep. please help
  • What's wrong with me? (2 replies):
    I haven't yet been to see a doctor, but would appreciate...[more]
  • life (4 replies):
    i'm 22 yrs old i've tried 2 kill myself god knows how m...[more]
  • what is this? (5 replies):
    my boyfriend gets depressed for a few weeks about every ...[more]
  • help (1 replies):
    ive been extremely depressed for about the last 4 months...[more]
  • Need help fast!! (5 replies):
    Hi people, I think im suffering from depression, i c...[more]
It really sounds to me like you have depression. Would you consider getting in to therapy? Would that be possible?
Welcome to the Forum!

There could be a few different things going on, it could be depression, anxiety, or simply stress if you've got a lot going on in your life.  At your age, you are transitioning from a child to an adult, and along with that comes a lot of responsibilities and expectations that can be scary.

My advice to you, if you've been feeling like this for a while, is to have a thorough physical, to rule out any kind of medical issue (thyroid imbalance, hormonal problems, etc).  When you get a clean bill of health, then the next step is to ask your doctor for a referral to a psychiatrist.  He/she will be able to thoroughly assess you and offer you an accurate diagnosis.  When you know what you're dealing with, the p-doc can discuss treatment options with you.

Just know that you don't have to feel like this.  You aren't getting the enjoyment out of life that you should, so take that first step and make an appointment to see your doctor, be honest and tell him/her what's been going on.

Come back and update us!  We care!
You do sound depressed and should seek help for this.  Often our depression has a "root cause" which is usually a past, traumatic event in our life which we have either forgotten about or have tucked neatly away.  When we do this, it rears it's ugly head in the form or depression and/or anxiety demanding to be dealt with.  There is so much help for you and you can get your life back and have the happy, fulfilling life you want and deserve.  Depression is more common than ever so know you're not alone!  Make an appt. with a psychiatrist for an evaluation and he can refer you to the proper therapist.  Therapy can be a long process and he may suggest medication to help you through this time.  For now, you should journal all your thoughts and emotions (even if you toss them away after writing them).  Doing this is very therapeutic and is a form of release for us, and it does help.  Don't be scared...you're okay, just need a little help right now and most people do at some point in their lives and that's okay.  You can't help how you're feeling so don't beat yourself up over this.  We're always here for you and we understand what you're enduring right now.  Make an appt. to get this resolved, write...write...and write some more about your feelings.  It's going to be okay.
KTowne commented on Shannon79's status
KTowne commented on Gardezi's status
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time